ESCAPE AND EXPLORE

Discover your world

Travel Plan for Photography

Over the last few years, my interest in photography has escalated from point and shoot for fun to plan and compose for money. I see myself having a future in the art and I hope that I can complete a worthy portfolio to be hired by a larger company. Ever since I was little I had a love for nature and adventure, and having the opportunity to be payed for just that is a dream come true. I plan on taking a gap year in between high school and college and traveling mostly around North America to gather a wildlife portfolio. My first few stops will likely be in Texas, gathering pictures of wildlife and people in action. After Texas, so maybe two months later, I’ll drive west towards the Pacific Ocean stopping at places that seem interesting or worth stopping for photography. I’d rather not have a planned out trip to the extent of not having fun, though. With my family now, there are no opportunities to just, go places, without a plan or course of action. After visiting California and the west coast, I have no idea where I’ll go next, or what I’ll have the budget to embark on. Hopefully I’ll get to drive north towards Alaska and deeper into northern Canada.

Most people in my grade now are convinced they know what they want to do and are ready to spend four more years in school. They want to live like their parents and like everyone else. I hopefully will get to experience some different cultures and experience some differences, to keep my mind open. Regardless of where I end up, I do want to travel for most of my life and go places no one has ever been, especially with a camera.

Next Post

Previous Post