Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Everest Maher and I was born in Austin, TX. My passion for nature arose when I turned 4, and I set up for my first trek into the wilderness (the greenbelt behind my house.) I knew the farther I ventured, the darker and deeper the forest would become, and more animals I would have the chance to see. Over my early years I fell in love with the wild; the freshness of the air, the smell of the trees, even the feeling of isolation always intrigued me. I could’t get enough of it, regardless of where in the world I was. Having grown up in a family with a solid financial status, I had the opportunity to expand my interest outside of the greenbelt, and into different wildernesses, with different trees and plants and animals. The diversity made it all more impressive, and the landscape made it all more expansive. I was hooked for life, no matter what or where I was told to do and live.

When I was 12 years old, I read the book “my side of the mountain,” which was odd. Not because I rarely read, but because a fictional book actually provoked my interest. After just the first novel of the trilogy, I had figured out exactly how I wanted to live my life. I wanted to be alone, living with and within the wilderness or pure equanimity. I didn’t want to participate in the fast paced, race for success going on downtown. I’d be perfectly fine sharing my home and life with the world that harbored me.

Throughout the years leading up to today, my environment had a great influential impact on me. School became more serious, and took up more time, driving me farther and farther away from my dream. The amount of absolutely useless effort required to achieve a higher number than those around me became ridiculous, and the amount of creativity plummeted. Since high school, my brain had been so tuned in on the jumble of information that the creativity portion has been swamped. I feel like the more classes and grades introduced to my life, the stupider I have become, and the more projects and busy work I’ve been prescribed, the less motive I’ve had for accomplishment.

I sincerely miss that part of me; the part that loved the world so much, it loved him back.

My goal from this point on is to reintroduce and reinvigorate my open mind. I want to explore my thoughts and the world, and I won’t let anybody stop me. Thank you for making it this far in my rant about society, and I hope you read my posts and enjoy my pictures.

Peace peace